Sunday, April 5, 2009
















New York In the Spring.............





So on a total whim...my fun, adorable, young acting....party me under the table parents offered to take Jonathan and I to NYC for a 5 day trip. We go to NYC a few times a year...a city I love to visit but could probably never live in.. I am amazed by the culuture, the food, the shopping and totally in awe of the price of realesate, the inconviant way to live with a baby and the pressures of having to be designer looking. No thank you I will eat my face off, shop my heart out soak up the culture and come home! Home to a place where I live in a gorgeous mansion compared to what I what I would live in there......stay a few lbs lighter than I would if I lived there ( I'm too much of a foodie and would have no restaint) and Im thrilled to bring home my 30 percent of Gucci shoes I bought at bergdorf and display them in my massive closet (compared to NYC) to wear in a town where most people dont know what Gucci is....I do...and thats all that matters.....But I LOVE A GOOD TRIP to the apple and we are blessed to go often and have some great friends there. This was an extra special trip....because it was a gift from mom and dad....we are financial clients of dad....she makes sure we are doing thingsright so one day we can travel more! But , Dad asked us to go just a few days before the trip. My in laws were chomping at the bit to take Caroline...so off we went! Chattanooga to Cinci to NYC!!! Arriving we were introduced to Victor our drive for the week....dad always travels this way...J and I...well no...we are too cheap....by hey it was fun to crawl into a long black yukon whenever we needed to go somewhere and not spend a penny on cabs. It was fun to pretend you are a rockstar. When we arrived at The St. Regis ( our most fave hotel in nyc....old school nyc glamour....) we were greeted by a staff who knows my father very well...then taken to the 7th floor where we always stay to see our good friend and never failing butler Nestor...a neat guy with a heart to serve and is chalk full of "star stories"..in fact Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne had stayed in our room the week before...which I found sort of gross....isnt he like the "king of darkness"...anyway....it was all better when i was greeted by gorgeous flowers my sweet husband had waiting for me in the room....he never misses thing....then off we went.....shopping, eating, shows, more eating, more shopping and fun with our city friends. Dinner in Queens one night with good Argentina people....dinner in a cool apartment with our fun Brazilian and Italian friends...it was pure joy....or as J kept saying "Im up to my eyeballs in culture...and I love it!" It was a perfect trip with mom and dad full of wonder and excitment....a very cool time in my life as I know I will be down for the count after this baby boy enters the world...cept we are already started planning what we will be doing when we go back in Dec!!! Who wants to go with us????

No comments: