Sunday, April 5, 2009

This weekend was one of those gorgeous weekends, gogeous weather...gorgeous everything....You would think after all our events I would be too tired to be blogging so late at night (its 1:12am right now) but for some reason.....prob the Easter candy I have been eating that I need to throw aways....I'm wired!!!! ahhh!!! So Friday night we met our dear friends Becca and Andy Lay at Slice of Roma for Pizza....its so sweet to see our little Caroline and there AJ play together...they had a ball roaming around the restaurant! Caroline kept calling him JJ and kissing him on the lips....boy I may have to nip this one in the bud one day! It was such a nice night that after all the pizza I consumed we headed off to Baskin Robbins where the babies delighted in some yummy cream.....then home...bath and bed for the little angel....and mom and dad too......
Saturday morning we headed off to my parents neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. Last year Caroline was only like 10 months not walking and totally didnt get it...this year was another story...I showed her how to score and egg and welll.....in about 5 seconds she had it down...15 eggs later....she won the contest....pics to come!
Saturday afternoon I headed to Posh nails to have a mani and pedi...this place is great....very very nice for these parts and totally up my alley.....I was able to sit next to Rachel H...another preggers gal..who looks every bit like a rested beautiful woman......you would never know this chick will be having her 4th baby!! I am amazed by her! So we talked babies, and all sorts of fun stuff..it made my pedi even more fun! Then off to target to finishe filling Caroline's Ester basket and prepare for our play group hunt that Caroline and Wells Grisham are hosting this week.....Then it was off to the Hopewell Spring Fling.....Hopewell is J's alma mater....if you can have one for elementary....Caroline had a ball...loved the jumpy things, loved the ring toss..loved it all....it was fun to see her interact with big kids...I swear this kids is a 7 year old in a baby body. After that I had exactly one hour to prepare for a black tie engagement party at Janie and Allen Jones new MANSION and I mean MANSION for our dear friends Dr. Paul and Sheryl Bacon's daughter Laure and her man Chad. The party was so nice and Lauren and Chad are a steller couple...God has a very special plan for both of them. The house however...was INCREDIBLE.....I am from a BIG city with a ALOT of $$ and I have been in some very very very fine homes....but I HAVE NEVER seen what I saw last night...WOA!!!!!! 50,000 sq feet of pure elegance and total jaw dropping detail.....amazing...amazing...amazing....I cant even say anything else about it cause I am still processing it.....I have a great sense of direction and I was LOST in this house......
This morning we headed off to Chatty to go to Rock Point Community Church.....Andy Stanley is doing a series on "Playing God"it has captivated me and changed my life....it was a good one and the worship rocked! We decided to try a new brunch place with Caroline in tow. I had always heard about this little hippy chic place called Areatha Frankensteins on Treemont St in N Chatty....well the food was really good but the service was baaadddd......I think they just have a we will get it to when we want to and you will love it...which is true but not fun with a 22 month old that has things to see and people to meet.
I came home, prepared for a week of meetings for the Egg Hunt, the decorator for the new house, the drapery girl for the new house, did my Ester study homework and helped my friend Jess Stone with some wedding stuff. J took Caroline to the park..I met them there and we played very hard for another hour...grabbed some dinner and headed home for bath and bed. I need to be getting my rest.....but I just somehow feel very overwhelmed and blessed by my life today.......This is a boring blog about my day.....but for me.....in a few mins I get to go up and kiss my baby night night and listen to her breath and then crawl into bed with the most fantastic man I know and carry a new life that will be here soon....God is so incredibly faithful and Good....how can I ask for more? Love to all my fellow bloggers and readers.....remember is the small things that God gives us to remind us of His mercy and favor for our lives.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! ;)